Thursday, January 06, 2005

Goodbye and good luck!

Our final in IPT 286 was so crazy with all of you presenting in different rooms, that I didn't really get a chance to say goodbye and thank you for what you have taught me this semester and for your participation in the class. I then tried to email everybody, but all of your emails have been purged from my Blackboard course (which is weird - that's never happened before. BTW, that's one reason we did blogs this semester instead of Blackboard discussions, because at the end of the semester, all of the knowledge we've accumulated in a Bb discussion is lost and locked away).

Anyway, so the only way I can communicate with you is to post something on my blog and hope you are still using your aggregators. So consider this my final goodbye! Thank you for being my students, and for your thoughts, ideas, and good work. I love teaching because I learn so much from my students, and this last semester was another example of this. I hope you also found our class useful to you.

I would like to stay in contact with any of you who are interested in doing so. I'm still subscribed to your blogs, and will still read your thoughts and posts, if you continue to do this. If you have questions, you can always ask me and I'll try to help you. I'll also be posting frequently on my blog, because for me blogging has become an essential part of my learning. However, I won't be posting on this blog anymore--this blog is more for my teaching, and I'm not teaching this semester. All of my blogging will now happen on my other blog, which is at http://edu-blogger.blogspot.com. This, for now, is where I think, and write my thoughts. I feel a lot like Robert Millett, who said (roughly) that he writes so he can learn something. That's (roughly) why I blog. On my Edu-blogger blog, I post on many subjects related to my graduate field of study, but many times I talk about educational technology issues, so you may still want to subscribe to it and read it occasionally. I hope you do -- and I hope you drop me a comment if you have one!

See y'all later, and have a great teaching career!