Thursday, September 16, 2004

Question: How do I add links to posts?

Here's a question emailed to me that I thought others might have too:

"I have not figured out how to make links to stuff yet."

Here's my answer:
"The biggest key to being able to put links into a post is to use MOZILLA as your browser (it is on all of the computers in the TLSC computer lab and can be downloaded for free for your home computer at mozilla.org). When you are using Mozilla instead of Explorer, there are some cool buttons in blogger that help you edit your post, for example, you can change colors, add links, bold or italicize words, and do bulleted lists, etc. For some weird reason, those options are not in Explorer as far as we can tell.

Besides, Mozilla is a safer, more secure browser anyway and you'll get less spyware and adware with Mozilla."

Just to show you want you can do if you blog in Mozilla, here's some examples (you won't see these in your Bloglines aggregator. You'll have to actually go to my blog to see them):
You can bold, italicize, put in links, and change text color.
Center text
  • bullet text
  1. number text
or indent quotes

You can also add pictures, but you need to do a few extra steps that I won't explain here. If you want to learn how to add pictures to your posts, Blogger has some help pages, or you can meet with me sometime and I'll show you how!