Saturday, December 11, 2004

Upcoming final: This is fun!

All right, I know "fun" and "final" aren't allowed in the same subject line, but we did the final for Dr. Allen's IPT 286 students yesterday, and it went really well (at least I thought so, and so did many of the students). Some students from our class also presented that day, and Roxana blogged about it:
"I liked the way that we did the final. I was a little nervous before I went in, but then it turned out not to be so bad. I liked telling about what I had learned about technology even if it was just power point. Plus I really liked seeing what the other students did. When they showed it as their presentation it didn't seem so impossible to do. It gave me a little bet of comfort that I might be able to do some of the things that they did as well. It was a good way to do a final, especially since that is what we'd been learning about."

So, don't let it stress you out, and I look forward to seeing all of your projects! Here are some lessons learned and suggestions from the groups that went Friday:
- Even if you're scheduled for 6 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., come at 5:30 if you can. Many of the groups went faster than we expected, and it was disappointing to have them come late and only get to see a couple of people present. So if you can, ignore the schedule and everyone come at 5:30. If your group doesn't get done in two hours, you're free to go if you wish after two hours anyway.

- Follow the schedule posted on the door of each classroom. Just go in the order that everyone is listed there.

- If you're in the microteaching rooms, we'll be recording you, but not to evaluate you (that wouldn't be fair anyway because we're not recording those downstairs). It's more to evaluate US and how well this type of a final went so we can improve it for next year.

- When it's your turn to teach/present, please write your name on the whiteboard. I know ya (even though I still get some names wrong, I do know most of you), but Dr. Allen doesn't. Having your name on the whiteboard helps her know who you are so we can tell if we're getting behind the schedule (which shouldn't be a problem anyway)

- Ab0ut 15-20 minutes per person

See you all there!