Monday, September 06, 2004

An alternative for this week's assignment

Class, remember that you need to do the Intro to Technology Integration assignment this week, and there is no class, of course, today. You will also need to do the Survey assignment, when we finish the survey and send it to you (I don't know when that will be).

On the assignment webpage, it tells you to read the Roschelle article. I think this is a really good article, and this is still my preferred choice for you. But I'm all about options, and I think it would be good to get some other ideas into our discussion, so here's a second option. If you want, you can read the material on the George Lucas Foundation website about technology integration. If you do this, I want you to look over ALL the information fairly thoroughly and then check out a video or article about the use of technology in a discipline similar to your own. If you do all this, it should be comparable to reading the Roschelle article.

I hope at least a couple choose this option--I'd like to hear what you think of this material on this site!

BTW- I know many of you are not blogging and/or checking your aggregators very frequently. The biggest flag is nobody is posting their blogs to my post asking you to do so. Warning that not reading my blog will get you very lost, very quickly because all class announcements (like this one) come through my blog.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this!