Thursday, September 09, 2004

Are you confused?

A student in another section of IPT 286 posted this on his teacher's blog:
"The set up of this class is very confusing. It would work much better if I had a hard copy of the syllabus instead of having to spend time on many different pages trying to figure what and when something is due."
I haven't heard any similar concerns in our class, but maybe I should ask directly: Are you confused about the setup of the class, and what websites are good for what? This is how I have set up the class:
  • All class discussions and announcements are on the weblogs
  • Turn in homework to Blackboard, unless the assignment sheet tells you to do it as a blog post
  • Links to the syllabus, calendar, assignments, etc., are on my blog roll (the list of links on the right of my blog). FYI, I have updated the calendar and assignment page with links explaining a little more clearly WHAT you have to do with your blogs and what I EXPECT to be able to get the blogging and attendance points.
BTW, if you want a paper copy like this student did, of the class syllabus, you can just print one out, because it is linked on my blog.

Granted, it's always a little confusing to learn a new technology, so you have to give it a couple of weeks to get things going. I also know that new students who just added aren't in blogging groups yet, so they're a little outside of the loop. We'll fix that this Monday. Other than that, are there any questions? Post them here, and I'll try to answer them!